Welcome to my life as fashion

I'm Summer Edwards. I'm a twenty-something year old chick with a lot on my plate. A friend of mine says I'm a super hero! Ha ha! I work in an office (my Clark Kent/Peter Parker image, if you will) I also do hair and makeup for photo shoots, fashion shows, and events. In addition to that, I launched a fashion line. I also talk a lot about a nutrition company because their products make me feel AWESOME!!!! I'm a jack of all trades and I like to stay busy. If it relates to the fashion industry in any way, I'm interested in it!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Healthy Weight Loss

I am not a nutritionist. I have never gone to school to learn about exercise or diets. I do however, live with Crohn's Disease and I have spent years learning to deal with my condition and I have been in and around the modeling industry for more than a decade. In that time I have learned healthy alternatives and little tricks and tips that can help people reach their goals of looking and feeling better. Living with a disease and being very sensitive to medications and pills, I have come to a place where all natural products are my preference and what I promote!

At about 90% of my photo shoots I hear models talking about needing to lose weight or maintain their low weight and the methods I hear about make me cringe! I hear it all from restricted calorie intake to living on energy pills and red bull. Needless to say, most of it is not healthy. 

I would like to take this opportunity to suggest some healthy weight management options...

First, know that every person is different and there is no "magic number" of calories that works for everyone. Yes, if you want to lose weight, caloric intake must be less than the number of calories you burn so you need to know what your daily activities translate to. The Harris-Benedict Equation is used to figure out how many calories you personally need to function based on personal facts about you.  Once you know how many calories your body need to function in a healthy manor you can calculate how to burn more calories than you ingest. You can do that here

Personally my favorite way to start a diet and exercise plan is to jump-start it. If I don't see results pretty quickly I give up... That's just me. Which is why I started my own weight loss journey with a 24 day challenge from Advocare. This awesome 24 day system takes you through a cleanse and a metabolism reset which allows you to set up good habits and see awesome results. The average person loses 10 pounds AND 10 inches during the 24 days!! Obviously this varies from person to person but it is backed with a money back guarantee and is all natural.  Of course you cant revert back to your old ways as soon as your 24 days are over and expect to stay thin. The challenge is, as I said before, to "jump-start" your healthier lifestyle. Its a 24 day challenge with a 90 day mind-set to change your outlook and life!

In addition to losing weight and sizes, cleaning out and resetting your system can give you an all around glow and clearer skin. Drinking enough water and taking base nutrition supplements have always been high on my list of priorities.

After your "jump start" I would suggest some of the following healthier choices..

Instead of a RED BULL or MONSTER.... Try a SPARK
Instead of a 5 Hour Energy shot..... Try a SLAM
Instead of diet pills.... Try MNS Max C or SLIM
Instead of Gatorade... Try REHYDRATE
Instead of starving yourself...Try eating something great for your body

Being healthy is not easy. Anyone who tells you it is... well they are either very lucky and really think that... or they are just lying to you! Our country and society make the unhealthy choices easier, cheaper, and usually taste better. Living healthy has to be a conscious choice. Just know there are things out there to make it easier and people to help you!

For those of you looking for just a little bit more info and motivation feel free to listen in on last nights conference call about the 24 day challenge.
Dial: 712-432-3131
enter code: 59901606
If you start your challenge by November 1 you could be 10 lbs lighter and 10 inches smaller by Thanksgiving!

Its up to you... Do you want to lose ten by then??
www.losetenbythen.com


<3
Summer

1 comment:

  1. I have done the Advocare cleanse it really is good! I only eat My Smart Healthy foods if you want to learn more about what to do after the weight loss and how to maintain it then check this out www.mysmarthealthy.com/millionairemindset

    ReplyDelete